Thursday, October 6, 2011

Q: What is postictal bliss?


Answer: Postictal bliss (PB) is a highly blissful feeling associated with amnesia following seizures.

Symptoms of his own post-ictal bliss is best described by famous Russian author Fyodor Dostoevsky (1821-1881) as: "For several instants I experience a happiness that is impossible in an ordinary state, and of which other people have no conception.  I feel full harmony in myself and in the whole world, and the feeling is so strong and sweet that for a few seconds of such bliss one could give up ten years of life, perhaps all of life. I felt that heaven descended to earth and swallowed me.  I really attained god and was imbued with him.  All of you healthy people don't even suspect  what happiness is , that happiness that we epileptics experience for a second before an attack."1


1. From charge.org.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment